Direct Instagram scheduling depends heavily on correct conversion of Instagram personal profiles to business. On a number of occasions our users reported that even after they go through the steps outlined above to convert their personal Instagram to business and then reconnect both Instagram and Facebook in Social Report - they are still faced with a screen like this:
After working with several users we have concluded that for some reason conversion of Instagram profiles to business sometimes does not work on the first try. Here are the steps that seem to do the trick:
- Go to your mobile device, login to this Instagram profile and convert it back to personal.
- On Facebook, please go to your Facebook page, Settings, Instagram and make sure Instagram profile is not showing as connected. If it does - disconnect it.
- Now, please return to your mobile device and convert Instagram to business once more.
- On Facebook, please go to Facebook page again, Setting, Instagram and make sure it shows connected Instagram profile
- IF IT DOES NOT - there is something going on with converting to business from Instagram app. You may want to repeat this again. DO NOT use this Facebook settings page to connect Instagram. Instagram should have already been showing.
- IF IT DOES - all good! Please return to your Social Report account and
- Connect Instagram profile by clicking on "+"
- Connect Facebook page by clicking on "+"
If all works well, "connect facebook page" link is now gone and Publish column shows "Yes" for your Instagram Business Profile.
Check out this video tutorial for a more detailed guide:
Instagram is still working on their publishing and as a result few limitations do apply:
- While you can include the links in posts—they won't be clickable
- Currently only one image can be posted
- Posting of GIFs is not currently supported
- Posting videos is not currently supported
- Images must be within 0.8 to 1.91 aspect ratio range
- Minimum resolution: 150x150 (lower resolutions will be scaled up to the minimum)
- Maximum resolution: 1920x1080 (higher resolutions will be scaled down to the maximum)
Instagram is actively working on it and will add more features soon. Stay tuned for future updates.