We want to let you in on a little secret: Facebook lets you target your posts to specific groups of users.
And we're not just talking about ads. You can actually use Facebook's ad targeting features for organic posts. This gets your posts in front of an audience that's best fit to see your content. Some of the criteria you can target to includes language, country, city, and interests.
Some practical ways to use Facebook targeting features include promoting localized sales and promotions to people in certain areas, or targeting posts in a foreign language to their respective audiences.
When you use Facebook's targeting features, people visiting your Facebook page can still view all post even if they don't fit your criteria. However, the posts will be targeted towards people that fit the criteria you're targeting to in the newsfeed.
But without further ado, in this article, we'll show you how to use Facebook's advanced targeting features in Social Report. Use this feature to better optimize your Facebook posts and get your products and services in front of the right eyes.
Using Facebook's targeting features in Social Report
Adding targeting settings to your Facebook posts is easy with Social Report. Here's how to do it:
1. Create a new post in Social Report as normal. Make sure to select Facebook as a target profile and click Advanced Options button at the bottom-right corner of the screen to access our advanced publishing features.
2. Work your way through the post options until you come to step 5 of 5, Advanced Targeting. You'll see an array of targeting options listed as tabs at the top of the screen. The different options include:
- Countries: select up to 25 countries where you'd like to target your posts.
- Regions: choose a region within a country to target your posts to. In the US, a state is considered a region by Facebook.
- Cities: input a list of cities where you'd like to target your posts. This may be where your business has brick-and-mortar stores, or where it's running a location-restricted promotion.
- Languages: target your posts to people that speak a certain language.
- Interests: add some interests relevant to your product here. This will make sure that your posts are targeted towards people that have an interest in your industry.
- Age: you can target your posts to a specific age range.
- Gender: select which gender you'd like to target your posts to.
- Relationship: target your posts to a certain relationship status.
- Geocoding: target to certain GPS latitude and longitude ranges.
Once you've filled out these options to your liking, click the Schedule button at the bottom right-hand corner of the window to schedule the post. The post will be scheduled to your Facebook page as normal, and targeted to your audience of choice.
And that's all there is to it!
In this article, you learned how to use Social Report's advanced targeting features to target organic posts to certain groups of people. Use this information to get your content in front of the proper audience and increase sales and new leads.
Want a better social media management tool? Try Social Report free for 30 days.