Over the last few weeks we had several reports from customers that when they try to connect their Instagram profiles to Social Report - they run into a security validation on Instagram and upon completing it - they sometimes get into a vicious cycle of Instagram asking for security code.
Basically users run into a screen that looks like this when trying to login to Instagram
Some steps you can try:
1. Request the Security code and enter it into the page.
Instagram will than redirect you to Instagram.com and not back to Social Report to connect the profile. At this point, make sure you do not close out the current browser window or tab.
2. Use the back arrow of your browser, once at a time until you land back on the authorization page.
From here, you can simply click "Authorize" and you will be sent back to Social Report to connect the Instagram profile to your project.
Here are some of our findings on this.
- It seems that this is caused by users logging in from the same browser using multiple Instagram profiles. Instagram seems to think that this is suspicious and they flag your computer and account.
- If the steps above do not work, try to resolve it by attempting to login to Instagram directly (without going through connecting of profiles in Social Report). You want to make sure you are able to login directly to Instagram from your browser first.
- Once you submit the verification code, wait a few hours before trying to connect to Social Report.
- Try using Incognito window in your browser and see if that helps with getting past the security validation.
- If all fails, try to actually reset your password using Instagram app and then coming back to your browser and logging in.
- IMPORTANT: only after you have been able to successfully login to Instagram from your browser you should attempt to connect your Instagram profile to Social Report.
Let us know if you have any other questions on this.