Google My Business is a free and easy-to-use tool for businesses and organizations to manage their online presence across Google, including how they appear on both Google Search and Google Maps.
By verifying and editing your business information through Google My Business, you'll be able to:
- Help customers locate, contact and review your business or organization
- Tell them the story of your business (what exactly it is your company does)
By connecting your Google My Business account to your Social Report, you'll receive access to both direct scheduling to Google My Business, as well as detailed analytics on the various users that interact with your Google presence (hint: potential customers).
In this article, we'll show you how to connect and then create and schedule posts to your Google My Business through Social Report. Let's jump in!
Connect your Google My Business
To learn more about connecting Google My Business to your Social Report project, check out the easy three-step instructions in our official article on Connecting Google My Business.
Post to your Google My Business listing
1. Head to the compose window and create your message and select Google Business from the list a of target profiles.
2. The resulting post will show up on your Google Maps business listing & your Google Search business listing:
With Google My Business, you can publish any announcements, events, products, and services directly to Google Search and Maps. Through the posts that you create, anything that your customers need to know will reach them as soon as they find your business listing on Google.
Google My Business Posting Options
When it comes to posting on Google My Business, Social Report is proud to support article shares, image posts and video posts. Here's a bit more on each:
1. Article Posts
Article posts feature both article preview text and an image taken from the article itself. A link and a "Learn More" button is also provided at the end of the post that increase chances of a viewer clicking (and thus driving traffic to the shared article).
2. Image Posts
These are simple enough. Do note, however, that your images will look best on Google if they meet the following standards:
- Format: JPG or PNG
- Size: Between 10KB and 5MB
- Minimum resolution: 720 px tall, 720 px wide
3. Video posts
You may also upload videos (10mb limit per file) or connect an external media storage to access your videos directly without having to manually upload them.
Note: GIF posts are not currently supported in Google My Business.
Time to Start Posting!
You're now set to begin posting and scheduling content to your Google My Business.
Of course, if you still need to connect your Google My Business to your Social Report project, check out the easy three-step instructions in our official article on Connecting Google My Business.
For a quick and easy video tutorial on posting and scheduling content with Social Report, check out the following video:
- Google Business posting is only available to business or brands with fewer than 10 locations (as determined by our internal chain detection) and can use the API to post on Google. Brands with >= 10 locations are not eligible for posting at this time.
Don't have an account yet? Try it free!