With so many algorithm updates on Facebook's newsfeed, it’s getting harder to promote brands on the platform, especially when the right social media management tools are not being utilized. Maintaining Facebook pages is becoming a struggle for marketers as well. Not only do we have to keep curating compelling content and engaging our audience daily, but we must also keep up with the changes and learn more about how these new features can affect us and our social media channels.
It's easy to feel overwhelmed when it comes to marketing your business more so when you’re tasked to come up with fresh, innovative ideas to promote your Facebook page. It's challenging because you don't know which ones will work and which ones will set you up to fail. That's why we're here to help and share with you a few ideas that aim for a better Facebook page engagement.
Are you ready to make your Facebook page more engaging and rewarding for your audience? Here are 7 unique ideas to promote your business on Facebook:
1. Leveraging Current Events
One of the most effective marketing strategies for social media is tapping into and posting about trending topics. Trending topics are current events that people talk about the most online. They are also stories that are experiencing a surge in popularity.
Leveraging on these events is powerful if done right because they can reveal the interests of your target market. For example, let’s say you're in the food and business industry and want to make better sales during the upcoming holidays this year. You can take advantage of this opportunity by searching for relevant keywords and popular hashtags to boost your page's discoverability.
Web application tools like Google Trends will allow you to discover emerging trends by time, location, and popularity. If you already have a social media monitoring tool in place, you can use that to track activity across networks, discover hot topics and identify opportunities. It's also a terrific way to look for innovative marketing content for your posts or videos.
2. Adding CTA's On Your Facebook Page
Call-to-action or CTA is a term extensively used in the marketing industry. Its goal is to prompt an immediate response or encourage your visitors to make a purchase. It is, quite literally, a "call" for users to take "action." It can also refer to words or phrased incorporated into a sales pitch or advertising script.
Many companies have implemented CTA buttons on their Facebook pages to achieve their set objectives. They know how simple, yet effective, this button can be for their business. Each CTA button has its own purpose and should be used according to campaign objectives. If you are a page administrator, you can choose among the seven call-to-action buttons:
- Book Now
- Contact Us
- Use App
- Play Game
- Shop Now
- Sign Up
- Watch Video
One good example of a company who benefited from the call-to-action button is the online retailer Dollar Shave Club. This has helped them boost their customer acquisition efforts.
3. Doing Facebook Live Campaigns
Video marketing is on the rise and many companies have jumped on the bandwagon to promote their business using visual content. However, coming up with a catchy video is quite challenging, especially for those who lack the resources. This is where Facebook live campaigns come in.
There are plenty of ways how you can use Facebook Live to market your business.
- You can increase awareness for your brand and expand your reach by broadcasting live events directly from your smartphone or a computer.
- You can market your products by giving them a sneak peek of your new products or highlighting them in your video.
- You can give an inside look at your business of what goes on behind the scenes to show your fans what your brand is all about and how you work.
- You can engage with your followers by addressing the most frequently asked questions.
- You can educate your audience how to use your products or services by providing live how-to sessions and informational webinars.
- You can promote your upcoming events by featuring influencers, advocates, and experts in your industry by conducting a live Q&A session.
Keep in mind that you need to have a stable internet connection if you decide to do a live stream on Facebook. Although it’s not mandatory, you can consider investing in camera gear, equipment, and tools if you want to improve the quality of your video and audio.
4. Hosting Contests Or Giveaways
You can grow your business with giveaways and viral contests. Shopify is a testament to that as they have seen tremendous growth just by running a few giveaways for relatively low cost. There are many brands that have tried the same marketing tactic but did not achieve the same success. What is the difference that made others so successful and some not? Although there’s no exact formula on how to run successful giveaways, here are 3 things you should know to get you started:
- Have well-defined goals/objectives – You need to figure out what you are trying to accomplish and do everything to achieve that goal. For example, if you know that you already have a massive following on Facebook, why not use that to accelerate the growth of your subscribers or drive more traffic to your online store?
- Feature your most popular products – Having an exciting prize will encourage your fans and followers to join your giveaway. This will prompt them to promote and share your post on their own social media channels should you include it as a requirement before they can join the contest.
- Use the right tools for your giveaway – There are a lot of tools available online that you can use to create your giveaway, but two of the most recommended by social media marketers are Woobox and Rafflecopter.
5. Working With Partners Or Industry Experts
There are tons of benefits of working with social media influencers. They can boost the visibility of your Facebook page if you can find the right influential bloggers to partner with. It's because they have the reach to deliver and promote your brand to a large audience. You can also look for brand advocates. These are individuals who talk favorably about your business without an incentive. Try to get in touch with these people and send them free samples or vouchers so they can try out your products. Check out this blog we wrote on How To Identify & Work With Your Social Media Influencers.
6. Recycling Evergreen Posts
Every time you publish a post on Facebook, whether its a photo, a video or a link to your website, it's likely that not all of your followers will see your update. That's why we recommend recycling your evergreen content and posting them on your Facebook page. You can even decide to reuse them in your marketing campaigns or include them as part of your sponsored content when running ads on Facebook. This will encourage people to check out your page and find out what more you can offer to them. By the way, do you know that you can automatically repost your old but gold content with the help of a social media management tool?
7. Offering Discount Codes
It's similar to running contests and hosting giveaways, but this time you are marketing a certain product or service you want your audience to focus on. For instance, you have newly released products that need more exposure. Offer discount codes specifically for that and let them know through your Facebook page that it can only be available online. That's how you can secure leads and drive conversations for your business.
Here's a guide on how to activate advertising coupons on the platform.
We hope that these marketing tips will be of great help to you in promoting your business on Facebook. Try them out. Give them a chance and you'll see the difference.