In this article, we'll show you how you can start scheduling posts to your Instagram Business Profile. You'll learn how to:
- Post photos/images to Instagram
- Post videos and GIFs to Instagram
- Post with line breaks in your post caption
Quick Note: Before you begin scheduling content to Instagram, make sure you've followed these simple but important steps to enable direct scheduling for your Instagram account.
How to post photos/images to Instagram
1. Compose your message and attach the photo. Note that we support multi-line posts; if you put line breaks, they will show up in posts as well.
2. If your image does not follow Instagram image guidelines, you will be prompted to edit the image:
- Aspect Ratio: must be between 0.8 and 1.91
- Minimum Resolution: 150x150
- Maximum Resolution: 1920x1080
3. Once you click edit, the image resolution will automatically be adjusted to optimal settings. If it is an aspect ratio issue, you would need to select "Crop" and edit the photo based on the provided aspect ratio requirements.
Note: The image's aspect ratio and resolution will appear on the lower left part of the photo editor screen and will be marked RED if it doesn't meet the minimum requirements.
4. Once done editing the photo, go to Advanced Settings to add a Place Location and Additional Comment (Note that this option only appears if you have Instagram selected as your target profile).
5. Once published, the post should now appear directly in Instagram with the location and comment:
How to post videos and GIFs to Instagram
To post videos you'll want to click on "attach media" and select your source:
- Upload video from your computer
- Upload video from an external folder (Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive)
No notifications necessary, your video will be published to Instagram automatically.
How to post with line breaks in your post caption
Instagram does allow users the ability to put content on different lines and even have blank lines but they support it in a very special way. See the below image. On the left - post composed in Social Report, on the right, how it was posted on Instagram. Few things to note:
- If you are just putting content on a new line - nothing special needs to happen. See line1 and lien2 on the picture. Just a simple line break.
- If you are looking to have just a blank line - you have 2 options. Regardless of the approach, an empty line will show with a dot symbol on Instagram.
- Leave the line blank
- Place a dot on the line
A few things to note before you begin scheduling
Instagram is still working on their publishing and as a result, a few limitations do apply:
- While you can include the links in posts—they won't be clickable
- Images must be within 0.8 to 1.91 aspect ratio range
- Minimum resolution: 150x150 (lower resolutions will be scaled up to the minimum)
- Maximum resolution: 1920x1080 (higher resolutions will be scaled down to the maximum)